- St. Joseph's High School (National Cadet Corps' Units)
- Hindu High School
- Bapuji College (National Service Scheme Units)
- Shivaji College, Baad
- Marine Biology University
- Karavali Youth Adventure Club (R)
- Sri Krishna Sports Club, Sadashivgad
- Rotary Club Seaside, Karwar
- Karwar City Municipality, etc.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Karwar Beach Clean Up
About 286 people, from all walks of life, got together at Tagore Beach, Karwar, on this September 19th, at 8-00 AM for Cleaning Up the Tagore Beach, and took part in the International Coastal Clean Up Day, called for by the Ocean Conservancy . Org.
The participants were from local Schools and Colleges, viz.,
B. S. Pai Co-ordinated the event, with Infra support from the Karwar City Municipal President Ganapati Ulvekar and his Councillors/Staff.
Dr. V. N Nayak of the Marine Biology University gave instructions and sensitized the participants on Ocean Pollution.
The Clean Up event went on up-to noon, and the Sun God favored the participants by taking cover under the Clouds.
My Earlier post on International Coastal Clean Up here...
P.S. - Suffered a nasty Crash, and formatting the pc wiped off many of my pictures... :-( sic..... so couldnt use the pc for 3 days.....