Wednesday, July 1, 2009

From Darkness to Light

This picture was taken at the Northern end of the Kali Bridge at Karwar, where a big hillock was cut in 1982 - 83 to make way for the National Highway no.17 over the Kali Bridge. The Hill is made up of Granite rock, and both faces of the sides of the Highway are the remains of the cut Grantie rock, which makes the entire area appear dark, during the most part of the day.
It gives an impression that we are passing from Darkness towards Light in this picture.....


"Lead, Kindly Light, amidst th' encircling gloom,
Lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me."


Below is the Hindu Prayer with its English Translation.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: